Wage: $23.00 per Hour for an average of 10 hours per week
Job Type and Duration: Permanent Part Time Contract
Job Location: Hutchison House Museum, 270 Brock Street, Peterborough, ON K9H 2P9
The Peterborough Historical Society – owner of Hutchison House Museum is looking for a professional, detail-oriented Bookkeeper with strong organizational skills and extensive experience with Quickbooks computerized accounting software and Microsoft Excell spreadsheets.
The Bookkeeper will report to the Treasurer of the Society and will be required to interpret and follow non-profit, corporate financial policies and procedures.
- Bank deposits
- Bank reconciliations
- Monitor Paypal account
- Monitor CanadaHelps account
- Enter data into Quickbooks
- Prepare monthly reports in Excel for Board of Directors and Executive Board
- Complete bi-weekly payroll for two employees
- Complete remittances to Receiver General for payroll deductions and WSIB
- Prepare tax receipts for donations and memberships
- Maintain Membership lists for review by Treasurer and Membership Chair
- Complete T4’s at end of year
- Complete HODGE Grant by June 30
- Complete financial for CMOG by June 30
- Complete GST/HST Rebate for June 30 and December 31
- Prepare Accruals for year end
- Assist Treasurer with preparation of Budgets and Cash Flow reports
- Preparation of all documentation required by Accountant for annual Unaudited Financial Statements
The Peterborough Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and detailed resume by email no later than November 21st , 2023 to i (attention: Erin Panepinto). Interviews are to be scheduled for the week of November 27th, 2023.
We thank all applicants who apply for this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected, will be used for the purpose of candidate selection only.