Hutchison House Volunteering
Volunteering at Hutchison House Museum offers many opportunities to meet people sharing an interest in local history and heritage crafts.
Volunteers provide valuable services including:
- wearing period costumes and assisting with public tours and special events
- learning and demonstrating heritage cooking, crafts and trades
- caring for the heritage gardens
- helping to maintain the historic features of the house and its collection
- making and repairing period costumes
- conducting research on historical artifacts and local history
- providing essential behind-the scenes help for special events
Download the Hutchison House Volunteer Application Form.
Junior Volunteers also play an important role at the museum. They act as servers for the Scottish Teas throughout the summer and help with other special events.
Many junior volunteers go on to serve as docents for guided public tours of the museum, earning credits for their High School Volunteer Service requirements.
For more information, download the Junior Volunteer Program Overview.
If you would like to apply to be a Junior Volunteer, you can download the Junior Volunteer Application Form, fill it out and return it to Hutchison House.